Technical Authority & Technical Manager (Training) at AVT Reliability®
As an experienced engineer John Sykes has worked in a variety of industrial sectors at both technician and supervisory levels having specialized in reliability engineering and condition monitoring for the last eleven years.
He completed a marine engineering apprenticeship in the Royal Navy before achieving a BEng (Hons) degree.
John is a Mobius Certified Cat IV Vibration Analyst (certification number M-126064-01) and he is part of the BINDT VA working group. John has also completed GE Machinery Diagnostics Training as well as being an ICML level 1 Lubrication Analyst. John‘s experience includes:
- Providing onshore and offshore technical support to over 14 Offshore Assets.
- Implementing Condition Monitoring Programs from the plant audit to measuring its effectiveness
- Commissioning start-ups and troubleshooting vibration problems on Gas Turbines, Power
- Generators, Steam Turbines, Large Centrifugal Pumps and Gas Compressors using both Bently
- Nevada ADRE software and Zonicbook with eZ-Tomas software.
- Reliability Based Maintenance training seminars and the development of a condition monitoring training centre in Aberdeen and courses in Ireland.